-
December 29th, 2001, 04:51 AM
#21
Inactive Member
I have a friend that works at Gary Force Acura in Nashville in the service department. He had one customer that bought a new typeR and changed the rev limiter to 9000. He dropped a valve too, and he was NA. It was kinda the same situation as gsrev, the head of the valve popped off the stem.
Like everyone else has said, I would be very carefull in reving the engine too high. If you want to rev it high get aftermarket valves (ferrea), and springs and retainers. The forces acting on the valve train goes up exponentially the higher you rev the engine.
------------------
96gsr 4door w/ a big hole where the motor is supposed to be!
Current daily driver = 88 civic LX hybrid JDM B16A5 - 1/4...14.6 @ 94
-
December 31st, 2001, 12:44 PM
#22
Inactive Member
Jay,
Remember the guy I was with at DragWars who was hitting consistent 12.50s in his GSR? He's spraying nos and shifting at 9000 on stock internals and has had no problems yet. I was hoping there would be more people in here with no rev limiter experience.
------------------
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks